Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Extended Pricing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etrack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extended Pricing
    Posted: September 12 2007 at 7:18am
I have started a new database using standard pricing (Customer price lists)  now I found that Extended Pricing is better suited to my needs.
I am now not able to change to Extended Pricing.
Do I need to start again or is there a work around?
Sponsored Links

Joseph A Nader View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joseph A Nader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2007 at 4:14am
Could you elaborate on this issue..?

Thank you.
Joseph Abou Nader, PMP

MCT
,MCTS,MCBMSS,MCSA
etrack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etrack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2007 at 4:50am
Standard pricing is a customer price list and is used for a simple product price listing. Extended Pricing is used for complicated price lists. However my question is when one is selected, can one then switch  midstream to the other method?
I have found that after one method is selected one can't change to the other. I need to change to Extended Pricing. Is there a work around?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joseph A Nader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2007 at 5:16am
Ok...I get you point and thank you for the update.

A workaround in which you can use is to go directly to the table & change the method accordingly.

The table that you need to use is : "SY05501" in the database "Dynamics".

Hope this helps

Take care
Joseph Abou Nader, PMP

MCT
,MCTS,MCBMSS,MCSA
etrack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etrack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2007 at 5:44am
Thank you very much will give it a try...

One more issue, how to delete voided customer sales invoices which have been moved to history?

And another if you don't mind.....how to move stock quantities from returns to stock on hand?

Many Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joseph A Nader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2007 at 5:57am
Well, I hope you have the passion of working directly on SQL server...

You can allocate the tables in which the data is stored and manipulate them as you want.

For the stock quantity, check table "IV00102" in the database of the company you are using. As for the historical invoices, check tables "SOP30200" & "SOP30300".

I would recommend that you back up your database before performing any query updates just in case anything goes wrong, you can restore your data.

Good Luck
Joseph Abou Nader, PMP

MCT
,MCTS,MCBMSS,MCSA
etrack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etrack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2007 at 4:38pm
Thank you that was very helpful.....
How do you change or add to the forms names when printing say, a customer invoice. I have an issue that a customer has multiple invoice forms and would like to select the form with the "pull down" facility for selecting a form when printing the invoice.
The issue I have is 1. Naming the form correctly, rather than just blank, long or short form or other.  2. adding this form to the existing reports dictionary, or easily modifying this form in the reports dictionary.
etrack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etrack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2007 at 6:39am
Thank you again, I am stuck again as I need to prepare a report from the customer collection data, are you able to help with the table names or ID related to the collection information.

Thank you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joseph A Nader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2007 at 6:57am
I will provide you with the best tool to find your tables...

Go to tools>>Resource Description>>Tables

- Select the Product " Collection Management"

- Select the series "Sales"

- View By: Table Physical Name

You should be able to get the tables you are looking for.

Good Luck
Joseph Abou Nader, PMP

MCT
,MCTS,MCBMSS,MCSA
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic