Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Customization and Integration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Printing item labels for received parts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffwsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Printing item labels for received parts
    Posted: August 03 2007 at 11:35am
I am trying to figure out how to print item labels for received inventory parts and I am unable to figure it out. You would think that something this simple would have to be possible. Still, I cannot find it.

I have tried report writer (GP RW sucks) and I have looked at print options available during processing of a receive batch and there are no such options.

All I want is a label that says:

<item number>
<long description>

using fields from the item card. This would appear like this:

111-1111-111
doorstop,wood,black

I am running GP 8.00g34 with SQL.

Thanks,

--Jeff
Sponsored Links

JohndeKock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohndeKock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2007 at 3:16am
Hi Jeff,

Use VB or VBA. And your printer setup will depend on the device you are printing to. (I use Zebra barcode printers and I need to send unformatted text with control characters - VBA is better for this).

The SQL lebow will fetch all liines for a particular receipt no....

SELECT ReceiptNo       = H.POPRCTNM
          ,PurOrderNo      = D.PONUMBER
          ,SupplierInvoice = H.VNDDOCNM
          ,SupplierID      = H.VENDORID
          ,ReceiptDate     = H.receiptdate
          ,SupplierName    = H.VENDNAME
          ,ItemNumber      = D.ITEMNMBR
          ,ItemDescription = D.ITEMDESC
          ,VendorName      = D.VNDITDSC
          ,VendorItem      = D.VNDITNUM
          ,Location        = D.LOCNCODE
          ,ReceiptQty      = Q.QTYSHPPD
    FROM POP30300 H
LEFT JOIN POP10306 U ON H.POPRCTNM = U.POPRCTNM
LEFT JOIN POP30310 D ON H.POPRCTNM = D.POPRCTNM
LEFT JOIN POP10500 Q ON D.POPRCTNM = Q.POPRCTNM AND D.RCPTLNNM = Q.RCPTLNNM
    WHERE H.POPRCTNM = '??'
You will
Have fun!
John
jeffwsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffwsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2007 at 4:03pm
John,

I appreciate your sharing this. What do I do with it? Do I run this as a macro within GP?

How do I implement this?

--Jeff

ps: I have another method using smartlist -> excel -> word mail merge ->print to labels but it is *VERY* cumbersome.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohndeKock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2007 at 7:27am
Hi Jeff,
You could add VBA to your window that you can then use to print the labels....
Have fun!
John
Rohtash Kapoor View Drop Down
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Moderator
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rohtash Kapoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2007 at 9:50pm
Checkout this link:

Originally posted by jeffwsi jeffwsi wrote:

I am trying to figure out how to print item labels for received inventory parts and I am unable to figure it out. You would think that something this simple would have to be possible. Still, I cannot find it.

I have tried report writer (GP RW sucks) and I have looked at print options available during processing of a receive batch and there are no such options.

All I want is a label that says:

<item number>
<long description>

using fields from the item card. This would appear like this:

111-1111-111
doorstop,wood,black

I am running GP 8.00g34 with SQL.

Thanks,

--Jeff
jeffwsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffwsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2007 at 4:27pm
Can you tell me the exact name of the GP software modules required to use VB customizations? I am told something about a "Modifier" module and a "Visual Basic for Applications".

My local M$ partner is jerking me around. Telling me I need to upgrade to GP 10 and not giving me information that can help me use what I have (8.00g34).

No matter what I ask about getting labels printed the M$ partner's answer contains a line item of $5K or more.

If I know the exact name of the add-on modules I need to use this VB function to print labels I can competitively price it from different MS suppliers.

Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohndeKock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 2:21am
Maybe the answer is to change your 'partner'. You should deal with someone who will help and guide you, not hold you over a barrel. Start with Microsoft themselves and get a list of potential partners in your area. Speak to other users. Join the local user group.

Your partner might be giving a correct answer, but you need to check up on this too....
Have fun!
John
manickv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manickv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 2:05pm
Hi Jeff,

If you are interested we can offer custom solutions for your requirements.

Regards,
Manick
manick.m@hotmail.com
longwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2015 at 1:12am
I've ever read a tutorial on codeproject, which show me with some macro for printing ean13 bar code with bar code printers, I think you can also search such a macro for print labels.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic