Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why GP 10.0 so slow?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LA_CAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why GP 10.0 so slow?
    Posted: July 25 2007 at 2:09pm
I have installed GP 10.0 on our test server. It is a very powerful server with 2GB RAM. However, GP opens very slow. It takes 3-4 minutes to load. I don't think it is a server issue because other programs are opening fine. We have SQL Server 2005 running on this machine.
Sponsored Links

GPProff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPProff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2007 at 7:02pm
Dear LA_CAL,
Can you please specify more details of your server Specificication like processor speed and how it was installed? like using RAID or something else? GP ver 10.0 Took lots of resources and memories.

GP
JohndeKock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohndeKock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2007 at 11:48pm
Hi LA_CAL,

Which portion is taking too long to load? i.e. Is the initial program load bad, or is it slow after you have supplied you userID and password on the log-in screen?

I found that my system was slow after log-in because of the load to build the users home page. It may be pretty, bt for some classes (roles) the page build and load is awful. I have removed all home hages on the system....
Have fun!
John
Bupe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2007 at 10:05am
Hi! I would like to upfrade from GP 8 to 10...may you please help...how did you do yours. I'm running on SQL 2000.
Are there any issues I need to take care of...or was yours a smooth upgrade?

Thanks

Bupe

educose@yahoo.com
JohndeKock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohndeKock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2007 at 8:29am
Hi Bupe,

It all depends on how much customisation you have at your site (and what tools where used to write the customisation).

You really need to set up a test environment and do the upgrade process a few times to identify what issues you are likely to encounter in your environment, and what you need to do to solve them.

Have fun!
John
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic