Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Adding new column to an exisitng Smartlist

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bionicphil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding new column to an exisitng Smartlist
    Posted: April 20 2007 at 12:47pm
GP 7.5
I am new to Great Plains (at least on an IT Mgmnt level) and I have some requests to add new columns to some smartlist reports. When I look in Columns of a smartlist and click add....there is nothing there that resembles what the user is looking for. IE: Customer Name, Customer Number, Territory ID...etc...

Is this an extensive process. I need to learn this stuff. Is there something in Customer Source I can look at.

Thanks,
Tony
Sponsored Links

Joseph A Nader View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joseph A Nader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2007 at 3:54pm
You should check smart list builder, from which you add additional smart lists using all GP tables and fields.
Joseph Abou Nader, PMP

MCT
,MCTS,MCBMSS,MCSA
bionicphil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bionicphil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2007 at 10:35am
How do I access Smartlist Builder. Is that the Smartlist Options window. I was able to click a checkbox to select a needed column for a smartlist. But there is another smartlist that needs a column, but it is not available under that category.....????
Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joseph A Nader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2007 at 10:46pm
Smart list builder can be installed from GP 9 CD 1. In order to use it, you should have a registration key for it.
Joseph Abou Nader, PMP

MCT
,MCTS,MCBMSS,MCSA
kdez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kdez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2007 at 9:08am

Look under the resource descriptions.  It is available in the customize menu.  Look at the series you are interested in and then look at the tables.  The columns have a little bit more of a description there.  Since you are on 7.5, there is not a Smart List Builder available.  You would have to upgrade.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joseph A Nader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2007 at 9:28am
Yeah...kdez is right...you will have to upgrade to the cool version of GP ( version 9 ). I guess you could do it directly from 7.5 without passing through 8.0. Then you will have the smartlist builder, which is an excellent tool for reporting.

Regards
Joseph Abou Nader, PMP

MCT
,MCTS,MCBMSS,MCSA
ortho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ortho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2007 at 2:13pm
But I think you gonna have to reproduce the smartlist because I don't think you can modify built-in smart list... Am I wrong?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joseph A Nader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2007 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by ortho ortho wrote:

But I think you gonna have to reproduce the smartlist because I don't think you can modify built-in smart list... Am I wrong?

As soon as you run the smart list after modifying it, it will automatically prompt that there are some changes done, and it will directly update the original one. Moreover, you will not be able to see the new reports, unless you give yourself security from the smart list security window.

Take Care
Joseph Abou Nader, PMP

MCT
,MCTS,MCBMSS,MCSA
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic