Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Setting up a new company and cleaning tra

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sindavar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Setting up a new company and cleaning tra
    Posted: April 10 2007 at 5:42am

We are in the process of setting up a new company. We have certain customizations and in order to make sure we have all the customizations, and to ease the setup process, we would copy from an existing company.

This part was not problem and were able to create the company in GPS / SQL, and force restore a copy of the old DB over it.

We want to remove all transactions from the system, but leave the setup info, and some of the inventory master files.  We also want to reset the chart of accounts, as if we were starting from a clean slate.

My future starts when I wake up every morning... Every day I find something creative to do with my life.
Shrikant
Sponsored Links

zubairkhan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zubairkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2007 at 11:24pm
To clear data go to File>> Maintenance >> Clear Data, where you can clear data which you want, but you have to login as "sa" user.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic