Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GP 6.0 restore and disaster recovery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbelyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GP 6.0 restore and disaster recovery
    Posted: February 20 2007 at 2:05pm
I took over support for Great Plains 6.0 running on sql 2000.  the previous guy left and he was the only one with GP experience.

I know version 6 is old and not supported by microsoft.  I have been charged with testing to see if the backups of the databases work.

I started by installing a new instance of sql 2000 standard and I used kb article 246133 to transfer and resolve the sql id's for access.

Then I installed GP version 6.  After that I restored the DYNAMICS database from the production server and one test company.

I can login using any of the ID's including sa.  The first time I log into the test company it wants to initialize Explorer.  It says that it completes.

When I try to run a report it gives me several errors about accessing sql data.

My question is what databases need to be restored and how is access handled?

I'm sure I left key steps out, but I have no where else to turn... Help
Sponsored Links

jt-sbms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt-sbms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2007 at 11:02am
What is the exact error you receive?

It could be the report you are trying to access is a modified or custom report and it cannot be found in your report dictionary.

Can you see the data through Explorer what is known today as SmartList?

HTH

Michael Bloom

Michael Bloom
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic