Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GP, Crystal Reports

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acecapgr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GP, Crystal Reports
    Posted: January 29 2007 at 5:18pm
Hi everyone, newbie question here

I finished editting some crystal reports used by Rockton software integration in GP.  Restarted GP but the reports still have the old info.  Logged off GP and logged in again with same result.  For the new reports to be loaded, do I use GP Utilities and update the forms/report then process?  Or what other options do I have?

Dennis
Sponsored Links

Joseph A Nader View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joseph A Nader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2007 at 5:01pm
Can you please elaborate on this question!!!!

Do you mean report writer when you say crystal reports...because editing crystal reports doesn't require GP to be restarted...However, if you mean modifying reports using report writer, please note that you need to check the security on the modified reports reference to the users that need to see these modifications...!!!!
Joseph Abou Nader, PMP

MCT
,MCTS,MCBMSS,MCSA
acecapgr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acecapgr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2007 at 8:22pm
Sorry for the vague question. 
I used Crystal Reports for the editting and saved the changes inside crystal reports 11.  
Then I ran Great Plains but resulting with Crystal Reports prior to the edit.  I checked the Crystal Reports directory path and made sure I editted the reports Great Plains was loading from.
Question is, do I need to load or process anything inside Great Plains to use the newly editted versions of Crystal Reports?  Such as Great Plains Utility tool where it says Update Recent Changed Forms/Reports?
Thanks
Dennis
JohndeKock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohndeKock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2007 at 9:29pm
This is really strange, so I don't feel to bad about asking a stupid question! Have you updated the report data (refreshed the report) in Crystal. Check the report properties to see that you are not saving the report data along with the report.

If this is not the case you will need to check the setup of your ODBC driver. maybe you have a test company, or a test server that the ODBC is looking at.
Have fun!
John
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic